Want to volunteer with the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps?
Parents need to keep in mind that if their son or daughter decides to join either the NSCC or NLCC, they will play an important role in assuring their child’s success as a cadet. The US Naval Sea Cadet Corps is a non-profit, volunteer organization that relies heavily on parents to support the efforts of volunteer officers and instructors working with their children. With this in mind, parents should:
- Encourage their child to be respectful of officers and adult volunteers.
- Praise their child for his or her accomplishments.
- Remind their child to listen to and obey instructions.
- Be punctual in dropping off and picking up their child from USNSCC functions.
Safety is our top priority. All of our volunteers must undergo a background check before becoming a member of our officer corps, and cadets are under adult supervision during training events. Safety briefings are also included in our training curriculum.
We strongly believe in the positive impact that our program has on our nation, our sea services and our youth. It is important to us that we are accessible to anyone who wants to join us regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, socio-economic or geographic background or physical disability. We are ADA-compliant.
Promoting a culture of inclusion across our diverse cadet corps is something we take very seriously, and we have a zero tolerance policy for hazing and bullying.
Parents who are interested in volunteering with unit activities and responsibilities are encouraged to contact the Commanding Officer.
On a national level, the USNSCC programs are sponsored by the Navy League of the United States and supported by both the US Navy and Coast Guard.
Locally, there are many individuals and local organizations that support us. A sincere “THANK YOU” to those who have and continue to support the activities of the USNSCC – COLUMBUS SQUADRON!!! Your contributions have a tremendous and positive impact on the success of our unit.
Naval Operational Support Center – Columbus
Navy League of the United States – Greater Columbus Council
VFA – 87 Strike/Fighter Squadron NAS Oceana
Columbus NOSC Officers Wardroom
Columbus NOSC Chief Petty Officers Association
Marine Corps Family Support Community
Again, thank you for helping us provide these opportunities for our youth involved with the program. We are truly grateful and humbled by your generosity.
USNSCC – Columbus Squadron receives no federal funding. All costs to run our division are raised through fundraising events and private donations.
You can also donate using one of the following methods:
- You can donate via the secure PayPal link below with any of payment methods PayPal currently accepts (credit card, paypal, e-check, etc). (coming soon!)
- You can send your donation directly to Columbus Squadron. Please make checks/money orders payable to: USNSCC – Columbus Squadron.
- If your company would like make a financial contribution to the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps, Columbus Squadron, please contact us directly.
- Want to donate your time? Learn more about becoming a volunteer.
Where does your donation go? Your donations help to ensure that the best possible training opportunities are available to all cadets.
Please consider a donation to the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps – Columbus Squadron. Click on the secure PayPal link below. (coming soon!)